Aramis A. Hux
"Skill to do comes of doing; knowledge comes by eyes always open, and working hands; and there is no knowledge that is not also power" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
Physical information[edit | edit source]
Weight: 180 Lbs.
Eye color: Hazel.
Hair color: Blond.
Skin tone: Olive.
NOTES: Wears his hair in the high and tight military regulation style.
Background[edit | edit source]
The second son of a Baptist Minister and Theological professor, Aramis Aldous Hux was born into a studious family. His name isn't the only aspect of him centered around literature. As a child, Hux often found himself preferring the company of a good book to that of another person. Graduating with high marks, his parents hoped he would join the Federation Fleet directly out of school. Hux, inspired by the adventurous literature he loved so much, however purchased a ticket to the outer colony of New Andorra, where he spent nearly two years as a member of the PDF. Following the disastrous uprising on the planet, Hux took up a position in the Matanza Defense Force, operating as a weapons technician onboard the Matanza Defense Frigate "Genghis Khan". Only half a year into his job, the Genghis Khan was involved in the destruction of a refugee vessel, disgusting Hux and prompting him to resign. After spending some time at home, he decided to fufill his parent's wish and join the Federation Fleet. After graduating with a specialty in AirLand Warfare at Tereshkova Academy on Luna, he was assigned to the AFC BC-101 Elmer Bigelow, where he completed his training and rose through the ranks to be given a commission as a Warfare Division specialist. Following the death of the Audie Murphy's Warfare Officer: Ensign Silas Vernon, Hux was re-assigned to the Audie Murphy to take his place. On the Audie Murphy, Hux swiftly elevated his position, rising from an Ensign to the rank of Commander in as little as half a year. As the Executive Officer of the vessel, he often administered to the needs of the vessel and led in the absence of the vessel's previous Captain, Skye Beringe who had been promoted to Rear Admiral. On the fateful day of the Omega Incident, Commander Hux was in command of the Audie Murphy as it took part in the orbital battle. Overwhelmed, outgunned and taking heavy casualties, Commander Hux ordered the evacuation of the Murphy and barely managed to escape with a wounded crewman in tow, helplessly watching as the crippled Audie Murphy fell through orbit. Upon the surface of Terra Neue, Hux led the Fleet contingent in operation against the progenitors, his time as a member of the New Andorran PDF serving him well. Ultimately his crew, with the assistance of Captain George Fodder and his team, managed to reactivate the aging warship Sephton. Upon returning to Federation space, Commander Hux was promoted to the rank of Captain and given command of the Federation's newest and most advanced vessel: The Ulysses S. Grant
Appearance[edit | edit source]
A fairly large North American man, Hux is a complicated man with a simple man's demeanour. His blond hair, long and unwieldy in his youth years, is now constantly maintained in a high and tight military regulation style. His slender cheeks compliment his wide and bright smile, the pride of his appearance. His clothes are neatly pressed and shoes brightly polished. He dislikes touching people and things with his bare hands and so he constantly wears a pair of soft gloves that cover his hands. On his hip he carries a custom designed Peacekeeper Heavy Pistol, complete with an extended barrel and chambered for magnum rounds.
Military History[edit | edit source]
Service Record[edit | edit source]
- January 14, 2289 - Enlistment as PDF on New Andorra.
- May 30, 2290 - Takes part in various raids against UMN anarchist group.
- August 10, 2291 - Defended against UMN anarchists in the UMN uprising.
- August 20, 2291 - Evacuated from New Andorra.
- October 28, 2291 - Joins with the Matanza Defense Force, aboard the frigate Genghis Khan.
- July 18, 2292 - Star of Baghdad refugee incident.
- August 1, 2292 - Resigns from MDF Navy.
- May 18, 2293 - Enlists in Federal Fleet.
- November 18, 2293 - Graduates from Tereshkova Academy with high marks.
- November 27, 2293- Assigned to the Battle Cruiser Elmer Bigelow
- December 4, 2293 - Promoted to Crewman
- January 12, 2294 - Promoted to Petty Officer 3rd Class
- February 25, 2294 - Promoted to Petty Officer 2nd Class
- April 7, 2294 - Promoted to Petty Officer 1st Class
- August 12, 2294 - Promoted to Chief Petty Officer
- November 22, 2294 - Promoted to Senior Chief Petty Officer
- March 4, 2295 - Promoted to Master Chief Petty Officer of the Elmer Bigelow
- December 12, 2295 - Selected for OCS. Promoted to Officer Cadet
- January 2, 2296 - Promoted to Ensign
- February 12, 2296 - Assigned command of the Elmer Bigelow's Warfare Division
- April 17, 2297 - Re-assigned to the Audie Murphy
- May 20, 2297 -Promoted to Junior Lieutenant.
- May 24, 2297 -Promoted to Lieutenant.
- May 26, 2297 -Promoted to Lieutenant Commander
- June 9, 2297 - Promoted to Commander
- September 1, 2297 - Engaged in orbital battle with Progenitor Ark.
- September 1, 2297 - Audie Murphy destroyed while under his command.
- September 1, 2297 to September 3, 2297 - Fought in Operation OMEGA.
- September 3, 2297 - Promoted to Captain of the Ulysses S. Grant.